July 22 | 7pm-1am
July 23-24 | 11am-4pm
- *Challenge 1: Turn something green
- *Challenge 2: Make something old new
- *Challenge 3: Reveal something hidden
- *Challenge 4: Play with fire
- *Challenge 5: Make or take a portrait of a stranger
- *Challenge 6: Make your next meal a work of art
- *Challenge 7: Create something with garbage
- *Challenge 8: Take a before & after shot
- *Challenge 9: Capture summertime
- *Final Challenge: Leave behind something special for someone else to discover
- *Wait for first challenge
As part of a continuing series I began in 2006, I regularly paint the Last Meals of the executed. As part of the process, I actually prepare and consume the meal before creating the composition from photographs of the leftovers.
John R Thompson’s last meal was a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
The San Antonio 166th District Court judge, Peter Curry, who had originally signed Thompson’s death warrant told reporters that the prisoner had changed while in prison and didn’t deserve to die.
I don’t know Steve, but I follow him on Twitter. This Wordle-generated word cloud was done from the RSS feed of his blog. It is more accurate than if I had him sit for a painting.