July 22 | 7pm-1am
July 23-24 | 11am-4pm
- *Challenge 1: Turn something green
- *Challenge 2: Make something old new
- *Challenge 3: Reveal something hidden
- *Challenge 4: Play with fire
- *Challenge 5: Make or take a portrait of a stranger
- *Challenge 6: Make your next meal a work of art
- *Challenge 7: Create something with garbage
- *Challenge 8: Take a before & after shot
- *Challenge 9: Capture summertime
- *Final Challenge: Leave behind something special for someone else to discover
- *Wait for first challenge
"Leola Le Blanc"
Les fleurs P Coq
…today at the Melchor market, a fantastical sight. A servant girl with a birdcage on her back, full of birds. She wore her blue shawl wrapped around the cage and tied in front to hold it. The willow cage must have been very light because she was not bent over, yet it towered over her head, with turrets like a Japanese pagoda. And full birds: green and yellow, flapping about like dreams trying to escape from a skull… (The Lacuna – Barbara Kingsolver)
Castoffs of two urban communities collide, entwine, and become, an entity.
A brief, afternoon portrait, of an unknown dancer taken in Times Square June 20th at 3 pm from a live webcam.
Behind closed lips, beneath the gums, inside the bone, ivories rupture into a wet palpable space, ready to consume.
From 656 pages to 1. Scan me!
Remaining 655 pages.
Found on my walks, busted eye glass frame. First challenge set by the (re)collection Project. “Make something green”, so I reclaimed street detritus to make art, make bubbles! Bubbles are green and don’t litter or harm the environment.