July 22 | 7pm-1am
July 23-24 | 11am-4pm
- *Challenge 1: Turn something green
- *Challenge 2: Make something old new
- *Challenge 3: Reveal something hidden
- *Challenge 4: Play with fire
- *Challenge 5: Make or take a portrait of a stranger
- *Challenge 6: Make your next meal a work of art
- *Challenge 7: Create something with garbage
- *Challenge 8: Take a before & after shot
- *Challenge 9: Capture summertime
- *Final Challenge: Leave behind something special for someone else to discover
- *Wait for first challenge
Yes, I know, it’s pretty weird, but you must admit that gum on the sidewalk is mesmerizing. Is that really gum? Really? Do people still spit out their gum on the sidewalk? Who are these people? Why does it cluster in certain places? Patterns. Marks left behind.
So who doesn’t eat chocolate as a meal once in a while? I do daily. One of around eight meals. A perennial favorite: dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. At this point, I’m probably comprised of about 60% chocolate solids, so it’s a fitting medium.
Having requested my son’s purging of his t-shirt drawer, they were heading to the studio for use as painting rags. I scavenged three of them, cut them up, and reassembled them into something new. After the photos were taken they returned to the rags bag, studio-bound.