July 22 | 7pm-1am
July 23-24 | 11am-4pm
- *Challenge 1: Turn something green
- *Challenge 2: Make something old new
- *Challenge 3: Reveal something hidden
- *Challenge 4: Play with fire
- *Challenge 5: Make or take a portrait of a stranger
- *Challenge 6: Make your next meal a work of art
- *Challenge 7: Create something with garbage
- *Challenge 8: Take a before & after shot
- *Challenge 9: Capture summertime
- *Final Challenge: Leave behind something special for someone else to discover
- *Wait for first challenge
The flag reads: TAKE ME from: Stephanie M
(and includes the website to the (re)collection project).
THE SLED ISLAND FESTIVAL (is over, so now it’s time to get back to life)
Artwork removed from an installation
Confetti from OF MONTREAL
There are so many things that happen inside a studio space that never leave with the work. The studio is a place of intimate interaction between work and artist.
Artists might be the only ones who ever know the sounds associated with making their work.
I went to see an independent film (CHOCH) yesterday and since it was the last screening I asked the writer/director, Brendan Prost, if he would mind if I appropriated the old tickets for this project. Intermittently tree-like, the forms of the installation are reminiscent of their material origin. The film itself deals with ideas of personal convolusion and the festering, colonizing nature that thoughts regarding social adversities can have. Personified here, the tickets are in a confused state of remembering what they were while exploring new places, interactions and forms of existance; echoing aspects of the central character’s journey. Somethings Grow: Temporary Life-space Installation recreates aspects of a previous experience built from something old.
Choch itself is a great piece of work, for more info on it, check out: http://brendanprost.com/choch.html
This is not my cup, but if it were, it would be best friends with green tea stains.